News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Price, image(s), Category(ies) and Manufacturer are now "empty"

Started by EsSa55, December 05, 2020, 22:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EsSa55

PHP-Version 7.3.24
Joomla version, 3.9.23.
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373 -> 10378

Issue when updating to 3.8.6.10373 not solved with10378.

Database tables are correct.

In frontend and backend a few products display correctly but most do not seem to have a

Price, Image, Category or Manufacturer.

Installed to https://back3.4footyfans.com which is a recent backup of live site.

TIA

AH

looks like you have a language issue?

Change the language and site falls over - or is that meant to happen with this test site
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

EsSa55

Quote from: AH on December 06, 2020, 10:38:13 AM
looks like you have a language issue?

Change the language and site falls over - or is that meant to happen with this test site

Yes, the languages are fixed to the Live site only....

The result of the issue can be seen in the frontend, but the backend for the products shows there is no price etc even though the tables have not changed since the update.

EsSa55

Following Milbo's advice, I disabled the 3 sql settings in VM config.

That solved the issue of No Image, Category, Manufacturer.

However, the products still have no price.

All product tables are in order and consistent.

Anyone able to offer a solution for the "no price" issue?

TIA

EsSa55

I have found the issue is the "has_prices" field in table __virtuemart_products

I have no idea what the field is for, nor the other 'has_' fields.

However, I did discover that 'has_prices' was set to 0 for all products without a price and set to null for all products with a price.

There did not seem to be any logic as to how or why most (6k+) products got 'has_prices' set to 0 or, by definition the few other were set to null.

UPDATE __virtuemart_products SET has_prices = null WHERE has_prices = 0;

solved the problem.

Perhaps someone will explain the purpose of the fields and how, by updating from 3.84 to 3.86/7 this issue arose?

TIA

GJC Web Design

Hi Eddie,

it is to do with the table optimisations but these have been in VM since 3.8.0 I think .. certainly in 3.8.4

Some one will probably correct me but I think initially these are set by displaying all products in the product admin?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

EsSa55

Thanks John

Yes, the fields are present also in 3.84 but I hadn't noticed them.

However, as I said above, disabling the 3 sql settings restored the "missing" images, categories and manufacturers, but not prices.

I am more concerned as to how/why updating from 3.84 to 3.86 caused most of the 'has_prices' field to be set to 0 and the remainder to null.

Once has_prices = 0, no prices display (at least in my installation).

The other concern is why my installation seems the only one to have the issue, in the first place.

TIA

Eddie

Milbo

Okey then just update alll "has_prices" to Null. It should automatically update your products. I check now if the "resetter" is correctly resetting the "has_prices", because it worked for you for the other.

Btw, please activate the sql optimisations. As I wrote in the ticket, the optimisations worked for you already more than half a year.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

EsSa55

Quote from: Milbo on December 17, 2020, 09:23:56 AM
Okey then just update alll "has_prices" to Null. It should automatically update your products. I check now if the "resetter" is correctly resetting the "has_prices", because it worked for you for the other.

Btw, please activate the sql optimisations. As I wrote in the ticket, the optimisations worked for you already more than half a year.

Thanks, but you already advised me to disable the sql settings and the missing categories, images, manufacturers re-appeared.

Maybe the setting did work for more than half a year, but they did not once I updated to 3.86.

TIA

EsSa55

Milbo

As you advise, I re-enabled the sql settings and categories, images and manufacturers disappeared again.....

TIA

EsSa55

Optimise sql requests for products   
Optimise sql requests for calculation rules   
Optimise sql requests for categories

I have narrowed the issue to when products AND categories are both enabled.

If either is disabled, there is no issue.