[Solved] Shipment Methods don't appear when Categories are applied

Started by antonstewart, November 13, 2019, 18:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonstewart

Bug observed following update to VirtueMart 3.6.8 (10197) - Plugin: VM Shipment - By weight, ZIP and countries

When a shipment method is restricted to specified product categories, it is not available as an option on the checkout page even though the product is in the matching category. Removing the category restriction and making it available for all categories causes the option to reappear.

I'd appreciate a quick fix or temporary work-around for this issue as it has broken two previously functioning shipment methods essential to my store.

Thanks - Anton

System details:
VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197
Plugin vmshipment weight_countries (updated through Virtuemart AIO)
Joomla 3.9.13
PHP 7.2.14
Mysql 5.7.25

StefanSTS

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

AH

yes there was a change in the code that prevented category restrictions for functioning

This is now fixed

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\plugins\vmpsplugin.php

line 985 should be:

if(!empty($method->blocking_categories) AND array_intersect($product->categories,$method->blocking_categories)){
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

antonstewart

Quote from: AH on November 14, 2019, 09:36:09 AM
yes there was a change in the code that prevented category restrictions for functioning

This is now fixed

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\plugins\vmpsplugin.php

line 985 should be:

if(!empty($method->blocking_categories) AND array_intersect($product->categories,$method->blocking_categories)){

Thank you so much, I can confirm that the patch worked.

Much obliged - Anton

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0