News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Backend Product Ordering Drag Handles Often Not Showing

Started by mrblonde, November 12, 2019, 00:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrblonde

Hi, I've used VirtueMart for dozens of various projects over the years.  Currently have a client who needs the ability to manually order products within their own categories.  Each category can have anywhere between 5 to 40 products.  The VM Config has the Default Product Sort Order as Ordering (Ascending).  We've been filtering the Products page via the Select Product Category dropdown to only show products from one category then clicking the Reorder column heading to show products in that order.

The problem is some product categories show the drag handles, others don't and isn't consistent as can log out and back in again and those categories that did show drag handles sometimes then don't.  We went through a time when no handles would show on any categories then some come back.  It doesn't seem to be a browser related thing as have the same problem across Firefox/Chrome (Mac and PC) and Safari (Mac).  I've compared the settings of the product categories themselves that do show drag handles with those that don't.

Have also tried turning the various scripts under Config / Templates / Core CSS Styles & Javascript on and off.  I've also compared these settings as well as the template engine settings with some other VM sites where the drag handles are stable and always show.

This particular site is running J3.9.13 (default isis admin template) and VM3.6.8 10197 however has been an issue for several months/VM versions.  The site is running on Apache with PHP7.2.24.  Just incase it makes a difference the frontend template is Eximium running on the YJSimpleGrid Joomla template framework (Bootstrap 3, MooTools is on).

Appreciate it if anyone has ideas of issues I haven't factored in or suggestions I can try?

sagaranvekar

Jörgen

If You have bootstrap turned on in VM backend, turn it off this is not ready yet. Mootools is prone to give conflicts with for example jquery. Maybe turn on jquery noconflicts ? There may be other plugins that could give js conflicts,

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

The behaviour of VM changed due to a bug relating to drag

Current behaviour for drag to be shown

1. a category of products is shown
2. All items in the category must be displayed on the listing
2. items must be already be shown in sorted order

if all of the above - drag will be shown

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mrblonde

Quote from: AH on November 12, 2019, 20:00:39 PM
The behaviour of VM changed due to a bug relating to drag

Current behaviour for drag to be shown

1. a category of products is shown
2. All items in the category must be displayed on the listing
2. items must be already be shown in sorted order

if all of the above - drag will be shown

Thank-you so much!  This appears to work having just tested on some of the larger categories by simply increasing the product count per page to 200.

@sagaranvekar - yes I meant to say I had frequently cleared Joomla's system cache as well as the local browser cache
@Jörgen - VM's bootstrap was set to "None (Use Legacy)" as thought it might have conflicted with the template's own bootstrap running, but thanks.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0