Started by dimi2013, November 11, 2019, 20:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimi2013

Joomla v. 3.9.13
VM v. 3.6.8
MySql v. 5.7
PHP v 7.2

The problem
I've been seeing updates being released for what appears to be a very stubborn problem--I can only begin to imagine the frustration of the software developers. I've been testing the updates but kept getting that pesky PayPal IPN error in my logs. Today I tested 3.6.8 and the great news is that the IPN issue is gone. However, while  new users can register and complete a sale, their user account remains blocked and deactivated--despite clicking on the Activation link in the email. An admin has to log in the backend to manually activate/enable the user account in Joomla. So, after a purchase, if a client logs out, they can't get back in.

Attempts to solve
URL Routing: Modern. Tried Legacy
Installed using package installer.
Installed using individual installers VM & AIO.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any workarounds? Thanks.

StefanSTS

You might have caught the 3.6.8.10195 that was out for a short time.

Please update to 3.6.8.10197. The registration problem is solved there.
This version actually looks pretty fine now. The crazyness of the bugs was really special this time.
But the team was working continuously on solving all these strange bugs, that hit from all sides.

The core has gotten so much better which is not really obvious all the time when you look at VM from the outside. But I have done a lot of code surfing especially in the last month and I like to thank the VM team for not giving up on us users. ;-)

Cheers
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

dimi2013

Hey Stefan,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the bugs this time must've really been insane to release all those fixes. The team and of course Max are, indeed, to be commended for hanging in there. As for xx.10197, unfortunately that's what I've installed. Do you think some miserable, outdated file (s) is/are hanging on for dear life when I'm installing the new version? Ha, ha, that'd be just my luck.

dimi2013

Well Stefan,
I found the solution. It was, indeed, 3 files clinging on to dear life. I went to the repository http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/repository/revisions/10194 and clicked on the link that addressed the fix for my issue. Based on the tree that Max created, I replaced the 3 files manually--the 2 user.php and the view.html.php. That did it! Of course, I took care of the cache, etc. too.

StefanSTS

Hello Dimi,

thanks for posting your solution. That sounds indeed like something went wrong in your install process.
Just to be sure that all other files have been copied I would manually install VM core, AIO and TCPDF of the 10197 package installer one by one via the Joomla extension installer.

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

If these three files were missing, there might be others not installed.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

dimi2013

Hi Stefan,
You do make a good point. But, man, I'm afraid to touch it now because it's working quite well. It took me hours of testing this and that just to get it to work. Well, let's see. Take care.

StefanSTS

If everything works for you, that might be a good solution for now, keep it.

Consider putting up a test environment in a separate folder or subdomain with it's own database. Copy an Akeeba backup in, change the database credentials, and there you have a place to play in peace and harmony. Just saying, once you got that working in and the process in your brains, a new test site takes less than 15 minutes to put up, and saves you lots of grey hair and that kind of stuff.

;-)
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher