News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot save/update a parent product?

Started by EvanGR, November 11, 2019, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

Hello

I have a product, which is set to unpublished, and acts as a parent product.
I find that I cannot make certain changes to it, after I hit save, the product comes back in exactly the previous state, with all changes lost. There are no error messages.

example actions that fail:
1) Add new images to the product, or re-arrange the placement of existing ones...
2) Changing the product description...
etc...

[VM3.6.3 10177... cannot move to a newer version yet due to a known bug]

Studio 42

I know that it's not the best solution, but my tool Vm Be Pro should not have this problem.

EvanGR

Thanks but... is this something that should be happening? It seems like a serious bug...

StefanSTS

I would also say, this is more a bug than a feature.

If you have a Supporter Membership keep sending the VM team tickets to solve that bug. ;-)

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

EvanGR

So this is known... is there a reason behind this? Why would this be a "feature"?

GJC Web Design

what if u publish it, change, save, unpublish ?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Milbo

Quote from: EvanGR on November 11, 2019, 12:21:40 PM
[VM3.6.3 10177... cannot move to a newer version yet due to a known bug]

Which bug? Is this solved by updating to the last version? I think others do not have this problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

EvanGR

Yes, the 'bug' is resolved now and we will be updating our VM soon.

FYI It was the vmdebug() error on product pages, which happened after VM 3.6.3 with the Custom Filters plugin installed.

EvanGR

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 14, 2019, 16:45:21 PM
what if u publish it, change, save, unpublish ?

Just tested it... it is impossible to even save the "Published" state. Saving the product seems to work successfully, but nothing is really saved/updated.

(Still on VM 3.6.3... we will update in the coming days and see if this is resolved.... but this is a pretty old bug I think)