News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

COM_VM_CUSTOMFIELD_VARIANT_PRICE shows but not the price

Started by wendy1, September 26, 2019, 00:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendy1

After an upgrade to VirtueMart 3.6.0 10113 my custom fields for different price for different size shows this message COM_VM_CUSTOMFIELD_VARIANT_PRICE and not the price change. I have searched for a solution and even asked Milbo (admin) for help but no one seems to know how to solve it. I have looked through the language files but there does not seem to be a way to change it.
Any help would be appreciated.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Errickbee

Same problem here. I already have 3.6.2.10159. Seems to have anything to do with language translation. My site is set to Dutch, and I have the corresponding VM language packs installed.

wendy1

Why is it so hard to get real help here? :( I am starting to think the VM developers do not know how to fix 1/2 of the problems reported so they stay silent.

jenkinhill

I had left this for our language expert - I only use English for my websites.     

For my test installation, the constant COM_VM_CUSTOMFIELD_VARIANT_PRICE  is defined in   components/com_virtuemart/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

COM_VM_CUSTOMFIELD_VARIANT_PRICE="%1$s%2$s"

Maybe this needs adding to the Dutch version of that file.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

@wendy1
Which language do you use? If you still have the problem, enable Joomla language debug. Maybe it shows a language file problem.

@Errickbee
The string is not yet translated into Dutch. Seems that Dutch translators have been a little bit lazy recently. Feel free to register on transifex.com at https://www.transifex.com/signin/?next=/virtuemart/ and request to join the Dutch translation team.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jooomlaa

Have the same bug under VM version 3.6.8.
The error is also in the English
Language variant. Operate multilingual project and can compare.
Had then installed the language package en-gb. After that many other language constants were no longer translated. It had only worsened everything.