News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Ordering products within multi variant

Started by OliviaH, November 06, 2019, 17:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OliviaH

Hello,
I am creating drop downs for products online and some of them seem to be in a non-chronological order. I have attached an example below, the dropdown should read 'P16 - 25 Pack' , 'P24 - 25 Pack' , P36 - 25 Pack' etc... but it is reading as 'P16 - 25 Pack', P120 - 50 Pack'.

Is there a way to order these items the way we need them to be?

Thanks!

Jörgen

Drop and drag in back end.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

OliviaH

I can't see anywhere where I can drag one item into the place of another? Is the attachment the correct screen I should be doing it in?

Thanks

Jörgen

It is probably the right view, it is hard to tell with the cropped image. What VM version do you have ? Maybe it is to old. Look for the box with the four red arrows.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

OliviaH

The version I have is 3.0.12. There is a box with the red arrows but that moves the whole section rather than the individual products within the dropdown. I have attached a screenshot of the whole screen, don't know if this helps?

Jörgen

Your Vm version is old and insecure. You are advised to upgrade, on a test site of course.
I have boxes on every line, I do not know when it was introduced, but it is available in an old version as 3.2

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

VM3.0.12 is 4 years old! There have been a lot of updates and improvements since then and several security issues have been addressed. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683

I know this does not help with your current issue, but I have no websites with old versions to check if there was a way to rearrange the customs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum