News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

registration not working VM 3.6.6

Started by p.barg, November 01, 2019, 16:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.barg

Hello,

after uprading to VM 3.6.6 on several test installations, the registration (via menu item type "Account Maintenance") doesn't seem to work any longer.
After hitting the register button, the empty registration form re-appears without any notices and users are not registered. Debugging enabled doesn't show any issues.
Registration during checkout seems to work as before.

Petra

GJC Web Design

Hi Petra,

I think Max and Stefan fixed this in com_virtuemart.3.6.6.10193 on Friday
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

There will be an update shortly, I guess, I tested the lastest developer version successfully on that matter today.
Friday was something else actually.

There is still one other issue to be tested.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

ronyk6

Hi,
I tested -VirtueMart3.6.8_Joomla_3.9.13-Stable-Full_Package - and found that the registration is not determined by the buyer group.

StefanSTS

Can you explain what you mean with "registration is not determined by the buyer group"?
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

p.barg

I also tested the new version and for me the registration problem is solved  :)

ronyk6

Hi,

registered a new user, in which group should he be if nothing is visible in which?

see pls image

StefanSTS

A registered user is by default in no shopper group.
BUT:
That treats him as if he is in "Standard" shopper group. Everything is fine with that. Prior to VM 3.6 it was the same in the background, but it was displayed as in Standard shopper group.
That was actually not really precise, because the user was not "given" the Standard group. You can also assign this Standard shopper group explicitely, but it is not necessary nor recommended.

Hope that clears it up.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher