News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[SOLVED {sort of}] Can't upgrade to VM 3.6.4

Started by WebStuff, October 29, 2019, 18:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebStuff

Trying to upgrade 4 sites at the moment but none will work.
All have this error, they will download a zip file to tmp but it is only 6.6kB and corrupted/un-openable.

Current VM 3.6.2
Joomla 3.9.2
All paths are set and writable in the configuration section of both Joomla and VM
PHP 7.2

WebStuff

Managed to download the update directly. Then installed by drag drop in admin. I'll mark this as solved but still would love to know why I can't update via backend normal update.

StefanSTS

Hm, I never use the automatic update.

And I never update the first day VM is released.

But I could try on a test, hm, yes, the AIO gives me this.
0 Call to a member function load() on null

So I recommend, not using the automatic installer. It's never a good feeling doing that with VirtueMart.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

jenkinhill

Quote from: StefanSTS on October 29, 2019, 18:31:48 PM

On my testing site I installed com_virtuemart.3.6.4.10187_package_or_extract.zip by drag 'n drop (as is my habit when installing any extension these days) and did not see any error message. All hunky dory.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

The error was only using the joomla updater. It was my fault. Last time some testers mentioned that they got directly the package. It would be nice, that if someone wants to update the AIO, that it directly downloades always the package. so it could not happen, that people do not update the AIO, or the AIO first and stuff like that. But somehow the joomla installer notices, that I give him the package and not just the installer. But I tested the package, the package itself is okey. I changed hte update xmls now and so it works. I tested it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

diri

Milbo, I'm sorry but:

Joomla 3.9.12 edit: PHP 7.2.24

Two independant systems.

System1:
Joomla shows 2 updates available in BE's control center after login.
Going to Extensions -> manage -> install to install component and aio manually shows an empty screen (nothing installed so far).
No chance to perform an action.

System 2:
Joomla shows updates available like system 1.
"Show updates" displays component and aio.
Selected component to install all looked fine at very first moment - vm installed component 3.6.4 10187.
Selecting aio it started update as well but an errormessage "0 ..." appeared.
Same as above:
Joomla backend looks damaged, no installation screen in backend.

Milbo

"Selecting aio it started update as well but an errormessage "0 ..." appeared."

What means that?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

diri

See message from Stefan above:

StefanSTS

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.