News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

remove "limitstart": xxx from session

Started by FusionNetwork, October 23, 2019, 13:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FusionNetwork

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to remove "limitstart": xxx from the session?

The problem is that if you navigate to the Virtuemart category A from a menu link and then to page 3 of category A and then go to another category and then come back (from the menu link) to the category A, the link is without ?start=3 at the end but the page displayed is 3, not 1.

In debug the session looks like this, which tells me that if you click on a pagination link of a category that is stored in session and if you come back it displays that page instead of page 1 of that category.

In my opinion, this behavior is wrong.
1. Keep the pagination in session but display the link correctly (with ?start=xxx at the end).
2. Or do not keep the pagination in session at all.

So, can someone guide me in which file do I need to make changes to solve this issue, please?

"registry": {
            "com_virtuemart": {
                "categoryc0m0": {
                    "limitstart": 6
                },
                "categoryc3m0": {
                    "limitstart": 3
                }
            }
        }

Joomla! 3.9.12
Virtuemart 3.6.2 (tested on 3.6.3 and is the same)

Thanks,
Regards
Cosmin

panjarek

Hi, did you solve this problem? I want to achieve similar functionality, without results at the moment.

FusionNetwork

Quote from: panjarek on October 30, 2020, 22:57:15 PM
Hi, did you solve this problem? I want to achieve similar functionality, without results at the moment.

Nope :(

sirius

Hi,
Sorry not to give you the answer, but just for my feedback, I see indeed the same result without the SEF.

On the other hand with the SEF, I do not see this behaviour.
When returning to the starting category I find myself on the first page of it.

For info my non-sef link retrieved via the addition of the virtuemart category in my menu looks this way.
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=386&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0

No limitstart involved, and so the sef don't care of it in anyway and start on the first page of the category.

A trivial solution would be to simply add "&limitstart=0" parameter at the end of the link of your menu. So it will always reset in the session.
But it depend of the context (SEF not SEF, raw url in the menu or from the component at creation time etc.)

best regards
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777