News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Vendor for shopper or shopper group

Started by BKintera, October 16, 2019, 17:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BKintera

Hi everybody,

I'm curious, is it possible to assign Vendor to a specific shopper or shopper group?

For example, Company A own Virtuemart store and want to sell their products to other companies (B2B wholesale).
Company A have 3 sales representatives: John, Mike and Peter.
Company A have clients: Company B, Company C, Company D, Company E, Company F, Company G, Company H...

Is it possible to make John, Mike and Peter as Vendors and than assign them clients like:

John is Vendor for: Company B, Company C, Company D
Mike is Vendor for: Company E, Company F
Peter is Vendor for: Company G, Company H

Also, if there is no such option, is there any VM plugin that you would recommend for this?

We are currently using one website for testing all features we need and Joomla version is 3.6.5, VM version is 3.0.18

Thanks in advance.
Milan   

jenkinhill

Quote from: BKintera on October 16, 2019, 17:18:37 PM

We are currently using one website for testing all features we need and Joomla version is 3.6.5, VM version is 3.0.18

If you are developing a new site I suggest you use current Joomla and VirtueMart releases. Those old versions have known security issues.   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BKintera

Hey Jenkinhill, your replies on this forum helped me a lot in the past :)

Yes, I know. I just copied old version of one website because it has products, categories etc...
I will update to latest versions if I figure out the way to make b2b ecommerce with all needed features using Joomla and VM.

So, do you have any suggestion for me about my question?