News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem with generating URL address

Started by donch, October 14, 2019, 19:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donch

Hello guys,

I have a strange problem that appeared in my VirtueMart.

The Problem: When I create a new category on my site https://cleopatrabg.com the URL address is /shop/404. This is valid for every new category.

Example: The category "Испанска Муха" over here https://cleopatrabg.com/shop/vuzbuzhdane , should have the url cleopatrabg.com/shop/ispanska-muha . Picture .

I would appreciate ideas and hope for an easy resolution.
If you have questions I will be glad to answer them ASAP.

Thanks beforehand.

PRO

is everything published?

the category?
the joomla top category link?

are you using a 3rd party SEF plugin?

donch

Hello,

All is published. All parent categories and all subcategories.

Yes, I'm using sh404SEF

jenkinhill

Suggest you remove sh404SEF and rely on Joomla/VM's native SEF
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

donch

I cannot remove sh404SEF because it does lots of the SEO stuff easier to implement.
SEO for adult stores is crucial because I cannot use Google Ads, FB ads and etc.

Jumbo!

Then you need to contact the developers of sh404SEF. This has nothing to do with VirtueMart.

donch

Problem solved.

Deleting the category from "Product categories" and creating a new one resolves the problem. It's not a permanent fix but it resolves the problem for now.
Strangely sometimes when I created a new category it randomly generated them with the /shop/404 address.

Thanks to everyone.

PRO

Quote from: donch on October 18, 2019, 10:46:23 AM
Problem solved.

Deleting the category from "Product categories" and creating a new one resolves the problem. It's not a permanent fix but it resolves the problem for now.
Strangely sometimes when I created a new category it randomly generated them with the /shop/404 address.

Thanks to everyone.

cause it's not auto-published probably, and sh404SEF creates some type of cache I believe.

3rd party SEF components can create massive problems down the road. They can limit your ability to upgrade, and more problems.
THEY CAN MAKE THINGS WORSE

SEO has nothing to do with URLS anymore
SEO/SEM is all about
UX, UX, UX
Crawlability (crawl budget, canonicalization etc)
and more UX