[URGENT REQUEST] Same “Name” Users See Other Users’ Addresses

Started by txkeyboards, October 13, 2019, 08:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txkeyboards

Not sure if it is a bug or not but I need help very urgently.

For some reasons, when someone types in the same NAME field as someone else even with different addresses. The address of the other user's will show up on their cart. This also means username is not unique and somehow is by default a required field?!? What on earth...

I have tried countless time to set Name and Displayed Name to not required yet VM still made it an error and people still had to fill in the fields...

VM 3.4.2
Joomla 3.9.9

jjk

Did you set the Joomla cache options to 'Progressive caching'? If you did, set it to 'Conservative caching' and clear all cache data.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

txkeyboards

Quote from: jjk on October 13, 2019, 13:58:47 PM
Did you set the Joomla cache options to 'Progressive caching'? If you did, set it to 'Conservative caching' and clear all cache data.

Thanks for your reply but my Cache is turned off. I do have caching option from SG Cache and Cloudflare

jjk

SG cache and/or Cloudflare probably caches your cart pages. So I suppose you need to have a look into Cloudflare's page settings. Maybe also turn of memcache in SG Cache. I can't provide more detailed suggestions, because I never used these SG features.

txkeyboards

Quote from: jjk on October 13, 2019, 18:05:38 PM
SG cache and/or Cloudflare probably caches your cart pages. So I suppose you need to have a look into Cloudflare's page settings. Maybe also turn of memcache in SG Cache. I can't provide more detailed suggestions, because I never used these SG features.
Thank you I'll look into that.

What I'm curious is why don't you think 2 users with the same username confused virtuemart and that's why it showed the other person's address in it?

jjk

Quote from: txkeyboards on October 13, 2019, 21:14:42 PM
What I'm curious is why don't you think 2 users with the same username confused virtuemart and that's why it showed the other person's address in it?
Because by default Joomla and VirtueMart don't allow to register a username which is already being used. A shopper who enters a username which is already being used, should see the error message: "Error - Save failed with the following error: Username in use." I just tried it on one of my test installations and VM did return that error message.

txkeyboards

Quote from: jjk on October 13, 2019, 22:03:51 PM
Quote from: txkeyboards on October 13, 2019, 21:14:42 PM
Because by default Joomla and VirtueMart don't allow to register a username which is already being used. A shopper who enters a username which is already being used, should see the error message: "Error - Save failed with the following error: Username in use." I just tried it on one of my test installations and VM did return that error message.

On my backend for some reasons they do have the same name not username. I just turned cloudflare to simple caching instead of aggressive. So the problem can be name instead of username.

AH

Once you have caching turned off then you may be able to see that there is not a Joomla/Vm issue

Trying to work out what was wrong/ has happened is not with the scope of a VM forum

The basic premise with shopping carts is that caching can/will cause issues.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

txkeyboards

Quote from: AH on October 14, 2019, 15:36:43 PM
Once you have caching turned off then you may be able to see that there is not a Joomla/Vm issue

Trying to work out what was wrong/ has happened is not with the scope of a VM forum

The basic premise with shopping carts is that caching can/will cause issues.

Thank you for your advice. I used to have a main dev but he recently suddenly dropped everything and stopped working and I did not know where to turn to.

Anyway, I tried registering with the same username and it does work. So I'm not sure how to make the username unique?

AH

usernames have to be unique in Joomla

There is more to this problem than I can fathom
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

txkeyboards

So this problem just turned up again. This time, both buyers did not have an account. They were just trying to order at the same time. The only thing that's similar is they were both in Canada. I cannot think of where to begin to investigate this...

txkeyboards

I think i found the issue. I only installed 1 plugin during this time - Abandoned Cart by Webkul. I have disabled it and wait to see if anyone reports the same problem in the future.