VM users are not assign automatically to the default shopper group. Is it a bug?

Started by man.of.earth, October 11, 2019, 14:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello,

I saw that VM users are not assign automatically to the default shopper group. Is this a bug?
So far I haven't found some setting in regards to this issue.
On this page https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/orders-shoppers-menu/shopper-groups.html
it says ,,Guest and registered shoppers will by default always be associated with either the Guest or Registered Default (anonymous guest shopper) shoppergroups."

StefanSTS

Your default shopper group is not shown in the customer list, because no shopper group is assigned.

That is new to VirtueMart 3.6. Before default shopper group was shown, because a registered user defaults to the default shopper group if he is in no shopper group.

To distinguish between the two settings, if a user is not in a shopper group or the default shopper group is explicitely chosen, in general this column stays empty.

Nonetheless the shopper will be treated like before, he always gets the treatment as default shopper.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

man.of.earth

Thanks for the explanation. It was weird the default shoppergroup was not selected :D.

StefanSTS

Quote from: arcturus on October 11, 2019, 15:51:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation. It was weird the default shoppergroup was not selected :D.

Yes, that was the huge discussion, should it be removed or not, and the arguments won to remove it.
I guess once you are used to it, it's fine.

My idea was to have something like "standard" and "standard (autoselected)", but I guess that might be even more confusing.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

man.of.earth

I guess it's a good idea to mention that in documentation, otherwise it could be taken for a bug.

StefanSTS

Magically appeared a few minutes ago.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/213-shoppergroups.html

All that is needed is a link in the VM admin shopper list to these explanations now for everyone to find quickly.

Thanks for pushing. ;-)
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher