News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Use standard Joomla registration form

Started by Phoenix616, October 08, 2019, 14:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix616

Currently it looks like VirtueMart (VirtueMart 3.6.0 10113 on Joomla 3.9.11) is replacing/extending the standard Joomla registration form with it's own fields and style. I would like to use the standard Joomla registration form on a site in order to provide normal user functionality like commenting for which a user does not need to provide their full name and address or agree to the shop TOS.

The only workaround that I have found is to disable all the fields that aren't required for registration in the "Shopper Field" settings via the "Show in account maintenance" column but that also has the downside of removing them from the account  management page and the address specification in the shopping cart. Also this would make the login form to still display the shop's TOS and not the one defined by joomla itself.

While searching for a solution I've also found this manual page regarding disabling of the registration redirect but this seems to not be a thing anymroe in VM 3.6? At least the VirtueMart System Plugin doesn't show up anymore and I can't find any mentions of this redirect anywhere either.

EDIT: So I managed to find out how to change this by manually grepping through all plugin files for the term "registration": The setting is now in the VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates plugin settings in the tab (with the broken COM_PLUGINS_RESTRICTIONS_FIELDSET_LABEL translation key, should be COM_PLUGINS_REDIRECTION_FIELDSET_LABEL)
Website: phoenix616.dev - GitHub: Phoenix616 - Twitter: @the_moep

GJC Web Design

the plugin your looking for is the "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates" system plugin .. yes - I know...
the 2nd tab which never translates on my installs (COM_PLUGINS_RESTRICTIONS_FIELDSET_LABEL) is the setting your looking for.. then the standard Joomla reg form can also be used
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Phoenix616

Uh, thanks for your reply! I must've found that out by myself at the exact same time as you answered it. Thanks nonetheless, glad to see such a fast response time!
Website: phoenix616.dev - GitHub: Phoenix616 - Twitter: @the_moep