News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiple image upload

Started by ermes, September 26, 2019, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ermes

Hi forum, is it possible to introduce a multiple image upload system into backend for products and category? I manage various ecommerce sites with 5000+ products (with variants) and upload an image to time is more expensive. For now i wrote an external script that loads images with file name like SKU but a better core system is required in 2019. Will you ever introduce a similar system?

StefanSTS

Upload via FTP and synchronise the Media Manager.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

ermes

How can i syncronize the media manager? And how can i add images syncronized to product?

ermes

I found how to do it. Thank you!

Studio 42

I have different tools in my shop that can help :
https://shop.st42.fr/en/tools/multi-upload-images.htm To add multi images on edit products or categories
https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm to  batch upload images  in products, categories ... folder and synchronize. You can use uncluded import tools to add synchronized images to products, categories ...

Jörgen

I use Studio42 multi image upload, it is easy to use and gives excellent result. Quick image upload with resizing if You wish.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Lamsds

For developers: it's time to build a Multiple image upload. I don't understand why they haven't implemented it until now

StefanSTS

If it is time to build that, you could ask iStraxx, if they would implement it, if so, find a few like minded people, buy some gold memberships and get it done.

Good idea, go ahead.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

Quote from: StefanSTS on October 03, 2019, 17:55:57 PM
If it is time to build that, you could ask iStraxx, if they would implement it, if so, find a few like minded people, buy some gold memberships and get it done.

Good idea, go ahead.
I implemented it for 7 years in the core, but max dont wanted ajax upload and without ajax upload you can't multiple upload easy(because size can be big)
It's why i have done this plugin for my customers and sold it in my shop.

StefanSTS

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 03, 2019, 20:38:45 PM
I implemented it for 7 years in the core, but max dont wanted ajax upload and without ajax upload you can't multiple upload easy(because size can be big)
It's why i have done this plugin for my customers and sold it in my shop.
I was merely trying to show a way how to get it into VM core. If I would need it, I would probably test your plugin first, before calling for developers to do the work, that you have already done, again. ;-)

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

AH

QuoteFor developers: it's time to build a Multiple image upload. I don't understand why they haven't implemented it until now

Why would they do that, when there is a perfectly suitable plugin alternative from studio 42.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ermes

Dear Studio 42, can i view a demo for this extension? Thank you in advance!

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0