News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

shopping cart lifetime

Started by oleg_4vm, September 27, 2019, 18:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

It is not a bug it is based on session lifetime and keeping "cart" alive

Sessions expire when browser is closed or website is exited - the session expires and cart is empty.

For registered logged in customers, cart details are stored in a carts table - if the customer does not complete an order and later logs into their account - the details of the last non completed cart are loaded

If the customer wants to save a cart for later use maybe you can invoke some cart saver functionality outside of that already provided for by core VM and registered logged in customers
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ermes

Perhaps I have not explained myself well: the cart is emptied only if at the time of login you select the "Remember me" option and close the browser without logging out. In all other cases the cart remains full.
If I disable the "System - Remember Me" plugin everything works correctly.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ermes

ermes

pinochico

My VM hasn't "Remember me" option :D

Are you sure, that your VM has this option?
Isn't this option part of the Joomla login module or other applications, what do you think?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

kess

Hello
I tried and confirm what Ermes discovered.

In fact, using the joomla login module with the remember plug in active, it is possible for a registered user to log in the first time and by checking the remmeber checkbox, then for 60 days the cookie allows access without having to log in again.

in this case, any abandoned carts are lost on the next return to the site.

I would say that in a btob it is normal to use the joomla module login

ermes

So do you confirm the bug? Will there be a bugfix in the next versions? I would like to give an answer to my clients.

AH

I am not sure it is a VM bug - just a consequence of using remember me and the differing functional aspects.

Remember me is login logic - the other is VM cart session life time.

I stopped showing the "remember me"  by overriding the layout of the Joomla login module
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

Postulate:
Everything that does not behave as the customer imagines / needs it / thinks on the e-shop is a bug and it is necessary to fix it for free and create a new version of VirtueMart and preferably immediately.

ermes

How can i report the bug? With a pm to Milbo?

GJC Web Design

Max reads these post as well -- there is also dev and bug board -   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=127.0
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ermes

I have posted the bug in dev and bug board

Milbo

I would say it is a strange bug, which is imho from joomla. Looks like joomla does you not login, if "remember me" is used. I need to investigate that
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ermes

Hi Milbo, there are news on this bug?