News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot remove product if there is FK

Started by MKI-Miro, September 26, 2019, 12:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StefanSTS

Well, it might be "wrong" from your perspective. It works for everyone else in a normal production environment.

If you just demand changes you are in the wrong place here.
Try Shopify or so.

I am not speaking for the VirtueMart team since I am someone outside of VirtueMart who makes money with VirtueMart and has suggested changes for the last few years. I had to test a lot, I found a lot of bugs, I corrected stuff, I tested it. And you benefit from my work.

And you behave like it is the duty of the VirtueMart team to fix your problems immediately.

Well, good luck
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

GJC Web Design

Quotesimple isnt it?

looks eminently simple and if you have fully tested all scenarios u can add it to feature requests or what ever
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

MKI-Miro

Quote from: StefanSTS on October 16, 2019, 12:46:22 PM
And you behave like it is the duty of the VirtueMart team to fix your problems immediately.

no this is not ONLY fix for my problem, this is fix of virtuemart code for everyone.

next time you go to company interview, tell them that you first delete product and later you delete references to this product

do you think they will hire you? :)

StefanSTS

If there is a company and they want to hire you to fix a few problems that are stopping a shop from selling items and you tell them you first want to fix a code error that doesn't do any harm to anyone, and do the important fixes later, because the clerk from accounting thinks, that the error is a major flaw, they would hire you?

I see your intentions, very nice, that you want to have the core fixed, you are totally right, that is important for everyone. For you it is most important to fix your own problem right now, and what you can do to do that as fast as possible in the core, is what is decribed above by GJC. With making false comparisons you waste your time and don't motivate others to help you.

So my suggestion is, relax, test, try the nice way.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

MKI-Miro

I dont know what problems are you talking about (I am sorry I am only customer), but here is stable version published, isnt it?

And yes in this case these problems are more important then mine, but you should not have such problems in stable version....

Btw few days I am testing mine changes and everything seems to be wroking correctly

StefanSTS

Quote from: MKI-Miro on October 19, 2019, 07:45:44 AM
I dont know what problems are you talking about (I am sorry I am only customer), but here is stable version published, isnt it?
--> If you don't understand how I replied to your false comparison with one that fits more, you don't want to understand anyway, that is fine.
--> I understand you are a user of the free VirtueMart extension. Or are you a customer of iStraxx and have paid money for support and developement, in that case you should communicate directly with them. Things will happen much faster.
--> Yes, there is a stable version, and that code has not given anyone else problems.

And yes in this case these problems are more important then mine, but you should not have such problems in stable version....
--> Again, there is a stable version, and that code has not given anyone else problems. It is just a problem for you, because you want to extend functionality.

Btw few days I am testing mine changes and everything seems to be wroking correctly
--> If that is all successful you should post a report on how you tested the scenarios, and if that if fine for the core developers, they might accept the change.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher