Order / Invoice / Emails missing Price Subtotal column

Started by Robert_ITMan, September 25, 2019, 18:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

Am I missing something? I've removed all my template overrides and can see the same issue in VM 3.2.12 and VM 3.6.2.10159

The Order / Invoice / Emails are missing Price Subtotal column - so customers can not see the subtotal amount before tax and discounts.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

VirtueMart 3.6.3 10179 tested: issue NOT addressed yet.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

This is base VM and it is not being addressed in core as far as I am aware.

Create your own override - mine uses a fixed rounding to 2dp.

$billNet = round($this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_total, 2) - round($this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->order_billTaxAmount,2);

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

man.of.earth

Hello,

I think it would be great to also create a way to display the percentage of the discounts (using javascript, i.e. also valid in cases where there are multiple prices involved), as also suggested here by Studio 42:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134380.msg467090#msg467090

Robert_ITMan

arcturus, good suggestion I added it as question 6 to 'Editing Order issues and questions' here: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=143517.msg507313#msg507313

VM TEAM: Why are we not seeing any improvements from you on this? When will someone take responsibility for the mess of calculations and how orders / invoices / emails are displayed - this stuff is core and VMs future success depends on this. Whom ever is responsible for the core back-end order editing & calculations & templates and front-end templates please private message me and I will help you fix all this ... I am not about to do all this in the templates only to have you mess it up with future updates on me again - we need to see this working now for everyone.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

Quote- we need to see this working now for everyone.

Slow down there - your demands are not necessarily a part of any list for anyone other than for yourself.

This post started as
Quote"The Order / Invoice / Emails are missing Price Subtotal column"
[/b]

To which an answer was offered.

I feel that you have gone off topic regarding the cross referencing and adding another request/idea (the percentage value is related to product and browse displays and not orders)

You have opinions on what is important and if they align with the team's opinions - then that is serendipitous. 

Note that your particular views/implementation/store/business objectives, may differ vastly from someone elses and just taking your view of the right "fix" may negatively impact others.

Regarding your assistance to "fix all of this" and not overriding templates to solve your particular issue - please go ahead post your fix solutions here where they can be reviewed by all and evaluated by those working on the core.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

StefanSTS

Quote from: Robert_ITMan on October 21, 2019, 14:33:44 PM
When will someone take responsibility for the mess of calculations and how orders / invoices / emails are displayed - this stuff is core and VMs future success depends on this.

I spent around 300 hours on making a nice generic invoice and email layout. And some more time later. That layout is, at the moment, mostly suitable for the German speaking or EU law area. Since I am not such a great person, I don't give that for free like the VirtueMart team, I sell that via my site.

If you want to make a nice layout that will be suitable for everyone else that would be great. Just keep in mind to have all the settings in place so that everyone can use it. It would be great to integrate that into core. It is pretty simple to make that once you have spend some time understanding how that all works together and how different countries and customer groups need different layouts.

Of course you could also just change your own overrides or use a good VirtueMart template. Once the layouts are done, keeping them updated is not a big deal.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.