News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Calculation Rules are not using selected categories

Started by Robert_ITMan, September 25, 2019, 18:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

In testing, I can see in VM 3.6.2 10159 that Calculation Rules are not using selected categories. In my case I have DBTaxBill discounts for selected shopper groups AND selected categories which still works as expected in VM 3.2.12 - I can see now the discount is given to products that are not in the selected categories BUT are in one of the selected shopper groups... will need this fixed before we can update as we can't be giving discounts incorrectly.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Robert_ITMan

Yes, with 3.6.2 10159 this is happening - on test site

Not happening with 3.2.12 - on live sites
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

lostmail

Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

Roderic

+ 1

Customer X in shoppergroup Y becomes 60% discount on all main products except accessoires.
For accesoires there is a second rule and they get 50% discount.

Before this worked fine, when no accesoires in basket, that rule was left unused.

Since the update this happens:
Add main product to basket = Shopper becomes 60% discount + 50% on the same product
Add accesoires and the main product only receives the 60% like it should and the 50% goes to the accesoires product.
Remove the accesoires again and thing go weird again.

lostmail

...will there be a VM update, soon for the calculation rules bugs ?

lostmail

Upgraded right now to 3.6.8 10197 but the bug is still there - I´m distinguished...

The rule which should only appear for defined category is still visible in cart for products that are not in that category.

At last when the cart is empty - only the rule is visible.....BUG !

Please solve this problem with calculation rules, soon....

lostmail

And here the proof in the official VM Testshop (I can reproduce the BUG there but in this system the rule seems not to be permanently visible like in my system - is the demo shop configured special ?):

Taxes Calculation Rules
Discount 5% for ladies => Category "Lady"

Rule not working...

I think the complete Taxes and Rules have a BUG...

lostmail

Bugfix Release 3.6.4 - 3.6.6 Outdated payment plugins do work again

Published: 29 October 2019

calculationHelper, fixed category restriction for rules per billcalculationHelper, fixed category restriction for rules per bill

...still not fixed

See also this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=143277.0

DBTaxBill  => i.e. + 5.00 EUR (for selected Category) - the 5.00 is active always in the cart  - not depending on category or even if cart is empty !
DATaxBill  => i.e. + 5.00 EUR (for selected Category) - the 5.00 is active only when cart is empty - if a producct is choosen - the + 5.00 disappears...