[SOLVED] updating status and sending customer an update / comment

Started by Robert_ITMan, September 23, 2019, 17:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

Added Question 6: Would be great to also create a way to display the percentage of the discounts (using javascript, i.e. also valid in cases where there are multiple prices involved), as also suggested here by Studio 42: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134380.msg467090#msg467090
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

Not sure what your purpose for doing this list is -

Each issue/item should be separated - I suspect this list is not being monitored by anyone but you

A suggestion is just that, a suggestion - do not expect anything to happen as a result and please do not bump

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: AH on October 21, 2019, 15:22:10 PM
do not expect anything to happen as a result
AH - please do not reply unless you are actually helping in some some way (maybe to acknowledge the issue and questions are valid or to say it has been brought to the attention of the VM development team). As I see it your comments are not helping and they only serve as lip service and to make this request look as answered - even though you did not answer anything.

VM Development Team - Why are we not seeing any improvements from you on this? When will someone take responsibility for the mess of calculations and how orders / invoices / emails are displayed - this stuff is core and VMs future success depends on this. Whom ever is responsible for the core back-end order editing & calculations & templates and front-end templates please private message me and I will help you fix all this ... I am not about to do all this in the templates only to have you mess it up with future updates on me again - we need to see this working now for everyone.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

AH

Robert

Since when do you get to tell others what they should be doing with their time.

I suggested you split your topics - to enable those deciding if they want to do anything with them - to respond to each element in turn.

You have been requested to do this before in this thread by Jenkinhill

With your limited input to this forum and project - I suggest you take a step back from the edge and understand that this forum is not your personal requirement list for others to work through and deliver and neither is it a place where you demand things.

Respect the forum and those that contribute to it - they do this for free.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

StefanSTS

Robert, I add that copy and pasting demands from one thread to another does not help either.

AH is a valuable member of the VirtueMart team for many years and has helped many on their issues.

I hereby issue a warning not to use language like "lip service" again in this forum, especially not taking about valuable members of this forum. We don't need that here.

Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Robert_ITMan

I hear you and I mean no disrespect - I appreciate your help and replies. I'm spending my time too and I'm trying to help and I'm offering to help more where it matters most in an unselfish way - not for my own specific needs. I do see how splitting these into separate things is a popular approach - and I will do that to make you all happy. Sorry I was thinking it would help more to keep a running list of all the issue and questions together in one thread as  they all relate to the same specific code that can be improved.

I am also sorry for offending in anyway - and I see I am in the wrong here to point out your comments are not addressing the issues or questions rather letting me know I'm doing it wrong ... so please forgive me for seeing things differently and trying to contribute and asking for help and offering to help in what I thought was done in a helpful way.

Again - I appreciate your help and replies.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

Editing Order issues and questions - I opened new topics and marked this one solved for issue 1 'updating status and sending customer an update / comment.'
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com