News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Link from one Category only shows products the rest are "gone" for one language

Started by Jaschan, December 22, 2019, 02:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaschan

Most of the website Swedish categories show no products when category  (A, B or C) is clicked. With a search at the empty results page, using the category name (A, B or C), I can get all the category products listed. One specific category X in the problematic language can not be found in the Joomla/virtuemart database, while the others are there as translated. The odd category X lists producs when clicked.

I want to have Swedish categories A, B and C show products too, the way X does, as well as the two other languages.  Where should I fix this? Where should I look? An old file from a previous version perhaps?

I use Joomla 3.9.1  and VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197

Thank you for the discussions! Cheers.

Jaschan

Refrase:
Most of my multilingual Virtuemart categories linked to Swedish language show no products when category  (A, B or C) is clicked. A search using the category name (A, B or C) lists the category related products. One specific category X in the problematic language shows all it should. Searhing for differences, the X-category can not be found in the Joomla/virtuemart database, while the others are there as translated. The odd category X lists producs when clicked.

Why do not Swedish categories A, B and C show products, the way X does. The the two other languages display products with the same translated categories.  How can I make the Category page in Swedish link to the products? Where should I look? Could it be a variation of this https://docs.virtuemart.net/faqs/113-products-vanished.html?

I use Joomla 3.9.1  and VirtueMart 3.6.8 10197

Thank you for the discussions! Cheers.

Studio 42

A problem can be that the Joomla language filter plugin is called to late.
Try to reorder it first.
Else try to disable all system plugin (excluded Joomla core plugins) you can and check if it work.

Jaschan

By changing the relevant Virtuemart category view settings, Template and Layouts I could get the category specific products to show.
Virtuemart Configuration => Templates => Template and Layouts => Sublayouts for products in Category changed to No override solved it. All my products are shown now. Perhaps there was an old layout definition attached to displaying of products in those "translated" categories. 
   I would need to understand the layouts better.     Thank you for your input Studio 42, even if the solution was elsewere.