News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"VirtueMart search product" module problem.

Started by ndunstall, September 21, 2019, 21:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndunstall

Joomla 3.9.11
Virtumart 3.6.0  10113

Hi (and thanks in advance!)

I have an issue using the default search module for virtuemart (search filter: no). No matter what search term I search for, the results seem to show all category page.

To try to get around this I had installed a 3rd party search plugin (Custom Filters Pro). However, when I am finding odd results from using this too:

If I search for a term I know IS NOT in the store I am returned with a generic "no products found" message which is fine, BUT, if I search for a term that IS valid (product name etc) I get an error which is:

" 0 Call to a member function get() on null "

while doing this on debug I can see :

Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()             JROOT/plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/centered.php:276
2   include()              JROOT/plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/category/default_products.php:71
3   include()             JROOT/components/com_customfilters/include/cfview.php:119
4   cfView->loadTemplate()             JROOT/plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/category/default.php:268
5   include()              JROOT/components/com_customfilters/include/cfview.php:119
6   cfView->loadTemplate()            JROOT/components/com_customfilters/include/cfview.php:44
7   cfView->display()             JROOT/components/com_customfilters/views/products/view.html.php:164
8   CustomfiltersViewProducts->display()              JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
9   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()                     JROOT/components/com_customfilters/controller.php:47
10   CustomfiltersController->display()                  JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
11   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()             JROOT/components/com_customfilters/customfilters.php:33
12   require_once()                    JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
13   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()              JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
14   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()               JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
15   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()               JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
16   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()              JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
17   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()           JROOT/index.php:49

My question is, is there an issue with my template that is triggering the search issue and if so could anybody please advise me on how to possibly fix it?
I don't care if the fix is for the default search module or for 3rd party, I just need to be able to search!

Any tips/pointers no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

N

Studio 42

1   ()             JROOT/plugins/system/vmuikit_override/html_override/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/centered.php:276
Have you check this file ?
Try to contact vmui kit devs.

ndunstall

Thanks Studio 42 for your reply.

Ideally, I don't actually want to use the 3rd party plugin for product search, and it may only be the 3rd party plugin that's clashing with vmuikit.

Would anyone know of a reason why the default product search would be returning top level categories in most cases? It could be a setting I have missed and unrelated to vmuikit altogether!

Again, Id be grateful of any pointers. I use the same setup on other sites and haven't experienced this before!

(I have sent a message to the devs but as of yet have not heard back.)

Thanks
N

Studio 42

In the module you can search only for a Category > Search Filter Category : Yes