News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart don't send emails

Started by Fossa, September 21, 2019, 13:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossa

I'm using Virtuemart 3.6.0, Joomla 3.9.11 and PHP 7.3.9. I'm also using manual order handling. Invoices are sendt by a 3rd party component, and are working as expected.

According to VM configuration - customer fields, emails should be sendt to both vendor and shopper on status pending and confirmed.
None of this happens.
I have set Joomla email config to use SMTP, testing went fine.
To solve this, I also reinstalled the full VM packet including AIO.

Suggestions to solve this serious issue will be highly appreciated!

Regards - Olav Fosså

Fossa

Case is solved.
One of the non-published payment plugins blocked the mail function.
Uninstall all payment pluging you don't need - thats what I got out of this.. :-)

Jörgen

If it is not published, in Joomla plugin table that is, it would not get called. But if it is published and not used as a payment option in VM payment options it will get called. Please tell me that it was this way and not that an unpublished payment plugin was actually beeing called. Because this should not happen.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Fossa

QuotePlease tell me that it was this way and not that an unpublished payment plugin was actually beeing called. Because this should not happen.

I'm quite sure it was an unpublished payment pluging, Jörgen! I unstalled several. Which one made the trick? Not sure - I then had to roll back my Akeeba backup to find out...