News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM deletes the first image and replaces it with the new uploaded one

Started by MAD King, August 29, 2019, 20:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

I just updated to the latest VM 3.6.0 10113 on Joomla 3.9.11.
When I edit a product by adding another image to it, VM deletes the first image and replaces it with the new uploaded one.

Message after uploading and saving a product:

QuoteFile deleted /home/public_html/new-site/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/48465BAKa_0x351.jpg
File /home/public_html/new-site/images/stories/virtuemart/product/48465_x.jpg uploaded
File deleted /home/public_html/new-site/images/stories/virtuemart/product/48465BAKa.jpg
Product successfully saved
I think it is a bug.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

StefanSTS

That works in my 3.6.0.10113.

Make sure you mark the radio button upload and not replace.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

MAD King

This must be new then. I have never paid attention to the radio buttons, since it was always on none.
Indeed, with the new version it jumps to the "Replace" radio button.
Thank you very much for that hint.
Not a bug. Just tomatoes on eyes.  :-[
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Milbo

Yeh, but you are not the only one falling into that. I wonder actually if it was a good idea.

It is simple to remove. just the line 41 in the mediahandler.js in FE/assets/js
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MAD King

Thank you, Milbo, but since I know it know, I rather not messing with the code. (That just reminds me of "Blues Brothers - Messin' with the kid") lol
Maybe you guys can change it back to the way it was in one of the next updates?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922