Author Topic: Need help with VM Plugin/Extension  (Read 702 times)

gigamarr

• Beginner
  • A beginner
Need help with VM Plugin/Extension
« on: August 24, 2019, 15:35:44 pm »
Hello, I'm a python developer with no prior experience with Joomla/VirtueMart. I'm trying to send product data with python to Joomla/VirtueMart, I have thought of adding it directly to the database remotely, however I want to know if it is possible to develop a plugin that  I could send the data to so the plugin can add the product itself, instead of sending the data directly to the database. I'd appreciate any guidance, thanks.

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
  • Joomla & Virtuemart developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3
Re: Need help with VM Plugin/Extension
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 17:22:44 pm »
See com_ajax. For a standard way to send datas using json for eg. https://docs.joomla.org/Using_Joomla_Ajax_Interface
If you need more advanced features, you can create a virtuemart vmextended plugin and use similar method.
You can find datas format in the class TableProducts. See JoomlaRoot/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/products.php
Note that products use multiple tables, so it's not so simple, but it's a good starting point.

MarvinGomes

• Beginner
  • A beginner
Need help with VirtueMart
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:44:57 pm »
I know this probably is a long shot but hey, we miss 100% of shot we don't take. I'm working on this project where I need to send data to VirtueMart, I'm using Python and don't know much of PHP, I'm wondering if it is possible to connect to joomla's database with python and just add data to the VirtueMart table (if there is one), that's the only thing I need - to send data. I really don't want to dive into the VM API

GJC Web Design

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Super Hero
  • Virtuemart, Joomla & php developer
    • GJC Web Design
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.6.8
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 13:55:44 pm »
short answer -- yes  . u can add products directly in the DB .. needs to be done on multiple tables -- have a look
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers http://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM3 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM3 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM3 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
  • Joomla & Virtuemart developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 22:36:37 pm »
 You find in JoomlaRoot/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/ most tables used by Virtuemart.
Or check directly in the DB all table with XXX_virtuemart_productXXX