News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

multiple email for same order

Started by guardiano78, August 22, 2019, 14:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

That is not confirmed without further information. What logs/evidence do you have for your "conclusion".

Many many users have vm core paypal plugin working perfectly on php 7, 7.1 and 7.2

I expect you to find that it is a problem elsewhere.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

guardiano78

Hello,
I simply downgraded the PHP server version from 7.3 to 5.6 ... from that moment on, i no longer received copies of e-mail for orders paid via PayPal plugin.
It's been over a week since I downgraded the PHP version, so I decided to report it in the forum.
Could it just be a coincidence? ...  I don't know.

Jörgen

I use PHP 7 since at least one year and can not see any of Your problems. You can have another plugin that interferes with the PayPal, sure that You do not have any other Payment plugin that is actvated but not used. ALL vmpayment plugin that are active are called by the triggers of one Payment even though they are not used. It is the responsibility of the other plugin not to interfere if the call is not meant for this specific plugin. This is common practice and also used in Joomla core for similar tasks. If You have a non used payment or similar plugin that is not PHP 7 ready it will create trouble even though You are not using it.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

That is useful information!

Not certain that VM is tested fully with php 7.3

I know I use php 7.2  with Paypal plugin and all is well
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0