News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Saferpay plugin not working from october ...

Started by marscom, August 13, 2019, 14:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marscom

Dear forum,
It's now for the fourth time I get these quite aggressive reminders from customweb which used to provide a payment plugin for the swiss payment gateway SixPayment resp. Saferpay:

You are using a sellxed.com VirtueMart 2.x plugin for your web shop, which will only continue to be functional until 31 October 2019. You need to update this plugin as soon as possible. Only by doing so will you ensure smooth operation after 1 November 2019.

We previously informed you about the above plugin being deactivated on 20 June 2019. We urgently need you to take action. The date above is fixed. Unfortunately, it is not possible to extend the deadline. We therefore request that you update the plugin. If you do not take action, your online shop will no longer be able to process any payments from November 2019.

Your plugin currently uses JavaScript from a Content Distribution Network (CDN) rawgit.com, which will be deactivated at the end of October 2019. These files will be delivered via the highly available infrastructure from customweb/sellxed in the latest versions of the plugin. If you don't have a valid maintenance contract, you can easily download the plugin from www.sellxed.com/shop in your user account. Otherwise, you can simply buy the update via www.sellxed.com/shop. If you like, we would be happy to carry out the update as part of our installation service. You can find more information here: https://www.sellxed.com/de/blog/rawgit-jquery-update

This is quite annoying, because customweb... doesn't provide any VM plugins since at least four years. As I'm not the payment pro at all, I don't have a clue what to install instead to make sure that the payments will be done via Saferpay. I cannot find any VM 3 compatible plugins at all. How to proceed?
Thanks for every hint!
Martin

GJC Web Design

Bit confused by your post?

R U saying you are using a sellxed.com VM Saferpay payment plugin?

On what? VM3.. and it works now but needs it JS sourced from somewhere else now?

I can do this for you if that is what is required.. simplest would be just to load the JS locally
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

Ok, after looking at the payment provider's site (that I had never heard of) I rather xxxx out my old comment, it looks like a legit problem. That language in the message was just reminding me of some fraud mail some time ago, so my alarm bells rang.

Since GJC offered his help you are in good hands.

Sorry for the panic attack.

xxxx
Sounds like someone that wants to exchange your plugin against his version that will give him full access to your shop.
For me that sounds like a fraud. Maybe with some true information to make shop owners go for it.
I would be careful
xxxx

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.