News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment Method for credit/debit cards?

Started by fasma89, August 13, 2019, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasma89

Hello. I really struggle out to find that option on Vitruemart which supports payments from debit/credit cards .. Any advice?

jenkinhill

Most of the payment processors supported by a VM plugin have a card option (such as PayPal) or are card only (such as authorize.net). If you want to collect card details yourself to process through your merchant bank account then there is this plugin, but you would need to check with your bank that it is acceptable in view of PCI requirements.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fasma89

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 13, 2019, 12:21:16 PM
Most of the payment processors supported by a VM plugin have a card option (such as PayPal) or are card only (such as authorize.net). If you want to collect card details yourself to process through your merchant bank account then there is this plugin, but you would need to check with your bank that it is acceptable in view of PCI requirements.
thank you for your informative answer. Could you please explain to me the proccess for the card payment method? I want to know what should i do when customers choose that option .

Jörgen

That depends on your payment option provided by the plugin. It can differ very much between payment suppliers. What do you want to use, home made, Vm stock Paypal or something else. Telling you how to build a payment processor is beyond free forum support.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jjk

@fasma89
I suppose you are located in Greece. If you want to use the 'Offline Credit Card Plugin', you need a contract with a (greek) 'Payment Service Provider', like for example edps.gr or cardlink.gr. For a small business with a small number of customers who pay by credit card, using an imprinter and paper slips to process credit card payments might still be the cheapest option. Using POS terminals for credit card processing usually involves a fixed monthly fee. Some banks might also offer payment solutions for VirtueMart. I think the Piraeus Bank still offers one.

The easiest method probably would be PayPal. However, PayPal often is more expensive than others.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

fasma89

Quote from: jjk on August 17, 2019, 20:21:50 PM
@fasma89
I suppose you are located in Greece. If you want to use the 'Offline Credit Card Plugin', you need a contract with a (greek) 'Payment Service Provider', like for example edps.gr or cardlink.gr. For a small business with a small number of customers who pay by credit card, using an imprinter and paper slips to process credit card payments might still be the cheapest option. Using POS terminals for credit card processing usually involves a fixed monthly fee. Some banks might also offer payment solutions for VirtueMart. I think the Piraeus Bank still offers one.

The easiest method probably would be PayPal. However, PayPal often is more expensive than others.
that was really helpful ! If i choose Piraeus bank as payment solution , what is the plugin that would i use to make it work ?

Jörgen

Quote from: jjk on August 17, 2019, 20:21:50 PM
Some banks might also offer payment solutions for VirtueMart. I think the Piraeus Bank still offers one.

Check with Piraeus Bank

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jjk

Maybe check these links:
https://www.piraeusbank.gr/en/Epiheiriseis-Epaggelmaties/e-shop
https://www.web-expert.gr/el/joomla-extensions-gr/item/96-virtuemart-winbank-piraeus-grbank-gateway
I don't know if that VM plugin is well maintained and up to date. It is not listed in the Joomla Extension Directory and I didn't find reviews or ratings for this one.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Stefan Korth

hi, I was using paypal plus, which now crashes my system. Located in germany, does anyone have a suggestion what bank I could use (and has done so sucessfully with a plugin)?

StefanSTS

Quote from: Stefan Korth on September 18, 2019, 09:32:59 AM
hi, I was using paypal plus, which now crashes my system. Located in germany, does anyone have a suggestion what bank I could use (and has done so sucessfully with a plugin)?

For a wide customer base I would suggest Paypal Plus.
Using that successfully for many years now.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.