Warning "Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item" in other menu type page

Started by iman, August 11, 2019, 13:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iman

Hello

joomla 3.9.10
virtuemart 3.5
php 7.3

In all pages of my multilingual website, virtuemart had displayed : Warning "Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item" . I created vm category layout menus to all entire languages  .
The warning has been removed from vm component pages but in other components such as joomla articles has remained! what is the problem ?? why does VM display its warnings in other component pages ?!

Studio 42

The Virtuemart menu link need to be a category link but without any category or manufacturer set

iman

Thanks "Studio 42"
but my exactly question is:  why does VM display its warnings in other component pages ?!

Studio 42

Because you display Virtuemart modules or links that try to find the right link, but dont find the menu ID needed by virtuemart.
If this is the case you have link beginning with YOURSITE.EXT/component/virtuemart

iman

So what should do to solve this problem ?
I displayed "virtuemat products" module in home page and its links are as you said : "YOURSITE.EXT/component/virtuemart" . it is very bad for structure of site links and seo .  :(

Studio 42

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 11, 2019, 16:39:13 PM
The Virtuemart menu link need to be a category link but without any category or manufacturer set
This mean that you need to set a new Joomla menu item : Virtuemart > category and dont change anything in the setting and save it.

GJC Web Design

and if e.g. your new menu alias is shop then your links will be  "YOURSITE.EXT/shop/...... "
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

iman

I've already created the "VirtueMart » Category Layout" for each language but product urls are displayed in this pattern "YOURSITE.EXT/component/virtuemart" yet!

iman

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 11, 2019, 16:39:13 PM
Thanks, it's ok now , the tip was VM category menu making without any category set.