News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error when update any joomla extension

Started by thefbi, August 08, 2019, 06:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefbi

Hello,
i can't perform any auto update extension in my Joomla admin panel. When i try to update, i have the error :

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/clients/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/web_xxxxxxxxxx/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmplugin.php on line 131
Error: Call to a member function load() on null: Call to a member function load() on null

And have a blank page.
Somebody have an idea ?

Joomla 3.9.10
VM 3.4.5 10045

I know that this VM version is not the latest stable, but have upgrade directly from the auto update system (and so I didn't know it wasn't the stable version) since months.
Is there a way to downgrade from the latest stable version ?

Regards

StefanSTS

Have you tried to copy the file/s manually via FTP?

I doubt there was an autoupdate to 3.4.5.10045. Who would have put that information on the update server?
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

thefbi

If i upgrade manually, it is ok.
And for the auto update, that was for 3.4.3

I have allways perform my update by this way.

thefbi

Hello, i have upgrade to VM 3.6 just now, and i still have this issue, on another site too.

I cant automatically upgrade extension because Virtuemart bug...

Thanks for help :)

GJC Web Design

QuoteI cant automatically upgrade extension because Virtuemart bug...

what EXACTLY happens?  step by step
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

thefbi

I go in the admin panel, at the extensions => upgrade (i am not sure in english, i am in french).
I choose the extension to update, and when i click on Update, i have a blank page.
Now i only have the error "Error: Call to a member function load() on null: Call to a member function load() on null".

So i dont sure that VM. I have put the error to Development to show this message.
But before upgrade to VM 3.6, all worked fine.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

thefbi

Thanks, but i have nothing in the server error log.
If activate the php developer mode in VM config, nothing change and i didnt see any other message when i try to update an extension...

I wil try to install in local mode to show if problem still here...

thefbi

This problem is only in admin panel. All work in frontend.
And if i update the extension with manual way, it work.

I am now in PHP 7.2, Joomla 3.9.11 and VM 3.6.0.10113

jjk

Did you try this already? Go to your 'tmp' folder in your root directory, search for any remaining (VirtueMart) folders and delete existing ones.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

fapi2

I have the same error:  Call to a member function load() on null
in: home/xxxxxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmplugin.php:131
:'(

thefbi

I still haven't found a solution to this problem.... But I don't have it on the other sites. So it's certainly a conflict with another plugin or component, but I don't know which one...

fapi2

Hi TheFBI, see the attached video: do you also find the error in the same way? Tks

thefbi

Hi, yes, exactly.
I will put my site in a test server and try to find with desactivate the extensions if i find something.
I have another site with VM and i dont have this problem.

I post here if i find something.

thefbi

Hello, i searching... actually i have uninstalled all component, but error still here.
If i turn the debug mode to Maximal, i have this error message :

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/clients/XXXXXXXXXXX/dev_boutique/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmplugin.php on line 131
Error: Call to a member function load() on null: Call to a member function load() on null

If i go in the file vmplugin.php on line 131, i have : vmLanguage::$languages[$tag]->load($fname, $epath, 'en-GB', true, false);

But i dont know more...