News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem with product that is been Booked, ordered.

Started by loke, August 06, 2019, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loke

I have a problem with product that is Booked, ordered, the problem arises because the customer goes from shopping cart to the payment page. and does not complete the payment but returns to the shopping cart. and then go back to the payment page again. for each time the customer does this, the Booked, ordered adds an additional product to Booked, ordered.

Because of this, I do not know how many I have in stock of each product. and is required to manually count the products to correct the number of products in stock in virtuemart.

is there anyone who has had similar problem and will help with a solution to this major problem.

Thank you.

Edited by mod to remove unnecessarily large font size.

Jörgen

What Payment method Do You use. Have You deleted the unpayed orders ? The stock does not get updated unless You create an order, there should mutiple orders.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

loke

Hi Jörgen, I use 2 different payment methods, Paypal and Bambora. it is the (Booked, ordered) that gets updated when the customer does as I describe. And the problem is follow both payment methods.

Jörgen

Native / core paypal or custom paypal?
I also asked if there is more than one order? Per customer and cart?
Check for js errors?

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

loke

i belive i use the custom paypal. Both payment methods I use the customer will be redirected to either paypal or bambora payment sites, depending on what the customer has chosen.

there is only one order, and not multiple orders. and stock is not affected by this, it is the (Booked, ordered) that is affected by this.

it is only a problem when the customer leave the payment site without complete the payment and return to the shop, and then goes back to the payment site again the problem occurs. then  the (Booked, ordered) adds one more each time the customer leaves and goes back to the payment pages.

If the customer does this 3 times, 3 pieces of the product are reserved. if I subsequently place the order for dispatch, it will only subtract one from the stock. and there will still be 2 left as booked, ordered.

Jörgen

Ordered and booked quantity is only updated when status changes in an order line. This happens when the order is created and the ONLY when the status is changed for the order / order line.  The order should be completed (pending) and cart cleared when the customer comes back and the payment has not gone through. Any other chain of events should not happen and is as far as I see it some custom behaviour that is not correctly updating the booked and ordered products. You should see this in the order status changes for the order in the back end.

This is not normal behaviour with the standard payment options in VM.

You should chek with the authors of these payment plugins.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x