News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

HTML code appearing on front-end after installing VM

Started by mailblade, August 03, 2019, 10:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailblade

A while back I purchased a new template which runs on the latest Joomla version with T3 framework.

Moving everything from the old site to this new template hasn't been much of an issue. I wanted to do a clean and fresh install of VM with the latest version and simply extract all the VM tables with orders, products etc. from the old database and upload them to the new one.

When I install the latest VM version I get some random HTML code displayed in the front-end. This is not on all pages though.

Please see the attachment for reference. Could anyone provide a suggestion as to why it is doing this?

Jörgen

Looks like there is some problems with your template opening and closing php. Try displaying with protostar and see if that works.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mailblade

Thanks Jorgen I will have a look tomorrow morning

mailblade

I found out what the issue was.

After installing VM the Cart, Search, Product etc. modules were published in that specific position. I have removed the positions for the modules and everything is fine now. I guess it had some display issues.

So far, the VM Category Layout in the menu is looking as it should, so I doubt any other changes need to be made.

Thanks for the reply, this one is solved :)

Jörgen

Something tells me that You didn´t remove the template positions entirely. Otherwise You would not have gotten any rendered output at all. Glad that You sorted it ot.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.