News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout "Must Agree to terms of service" does not work anymore

Started by iomiom, July 26, 2019, 13:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iomiom

Hello,

On VM 2.6.

Quite suddenly (as far as I know, no change on VM was made...),

When the "agree to terms of service" are unchecked, user can go on order, despite the fact that that "customer mus agreed TOS for each command.." is checked on Configuration/Order...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jörgen

Outdated VM, probably outdated Joomla too or updated Joomla that breaks the VM install. It could also be PHP 7 install that breaks this. It could also be a OPC page. In my experience, code does not change by itself.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

Please don't publish your shop url here, if someone asks, except you have closed all your security vulnerabilities in the old versions.

It's like you knew your breaks were not working properly since four years, and when you hit the wall you don't even know why you got hacked.

Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

iomiom

All of this I know.
Just need a little help to get out of this problem...

Jörgen

You have an outdated VM version with outdated code that probably meets new code, this is not something that You can expect a developer to cater for so many years in the future.

Hire a developer to update Your VM and Joomla install. If You do not want to do this, you will still have to hire a developer to check Your site for the problem. I doubt that anyone here can give You any usable advice on such an old VM version.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

Quote from: Jörgen on July 26, 2019, 15:35:31 PM
such an old VM version.

Maybe if we would know the exact version.

But helping in this case would mean, the shop will be online even longer and helping to keep an unsafe version online longer is like helping hackers to get to all the customer data.

Yes, I know my comment is not helpful.

Make a new Joomla Installation with a recent VirtueMart version in a test folder with it's own database.
Buy JMigrator and run it in the new install.
Migrate your data to the new store.
Make lots of Akeeba Backups inbetween.
See, if your old template got a version for J3, if not, get a new one.
Put a litte makeup on the shop.
Go online again.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.