Default country (and city) name is replaced with country ID on the checkout page

Started by man.of.earth, July 26, 2019, 13:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello,

I noticed that for some time (versions of VM), the default country name is replaced with country ID on the checkout page.
When logging into the account, there is thrown the "Call to a member function setQuery() on null" error.
Debugging shows the following:
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/state.php:128
2 VirtueMartModelState::testStateCountry() JROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php:868
3 VirtueMartModelUser->validateUserData() JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php:1447
4 VirtueMartCart->validateUserData() JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php:1281
5 VirtueMartCart->checkoutData() JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php:106
6 VirtueMartControllerCart->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
7 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:120
8 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
9 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
10 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49

StefanSTS

Thanks for reporting that, I guess you are talking about VM 3.5.10097.

I saw that recently too somewhere and was not sure if it was my messed up test installation or VM itself.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

man.of.earth

Today I noticed that the city too (chosen from the dropdown) is displayed as city ID, and not as its name.

StefanSTS

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

chaldama

On 3 of my websites which I updated to VM 3.6.0.10113 I notice that the country field is not working at all anymore which makes it impossible for users to checkout, you can see this behaviour e.g. at https://vergaderkoffers.nl/winkelmandje. The same problem remains in the default template.
I will wait with updating my other websites.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

chaldama

Yes I use VMUikit which has its own OPC. I have contacted Joomlapro for support but also in the default template and with all VMuikit elements disabled it looks weird. I will let you know what JoomlaPro finds.

Milbo

Quote from: arcturus on August 27, 2019, 18:29:31 PM
Today I noticed that the city too (chosen from the dropdown) is displayed as city ID, and not as its name.

Cities are not stored on a table, only countries and states. So that is from my point of view impossible. Of course, you see what you see, but the reason cannot be within the vm core.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Chaldama, please test the new core http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1177/com_virtuemart.3.6.1.10121_package_or_extract.zip

There was a missing "$db = JFactory::getDbo()" in case you use only states. So it is quite likely fixed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

man.of.earth