News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Extra delivery price changes wrong price

Started by Ro Bert, July 20, 2019, 14:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ro Bert

On the page https://test.tevelde.nl/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=3004 you can select whether to deliver the product or pick it up. If you chose to deliver the product the price increases with € 50. The total price changes, but when there is a "from for price" the extra € 50 is added to the from-price instead of the for-price. I think this is a bug? In the attached file you can see the problem.
I'm using Virtuemart 3.4.2.9966, Joomla 3.9.10 and the used template is Vmbeez3 3.2.0

I tried to correct it with an override, but new price is calculated and change by javascript. So therefore I don't think I can solve the problem.

[UPDATE]
Added screenshots

jenkinhill

You have a price Override of €549 set, so whatever options you add the final price will always be 549 - it does exactly what it says, it overrides your 657.99 and shipping.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ro Bert

I guess you're right, but it still looks like a bug to me. That would mean you can't have extra options on products in sale? You want the extra options to be added to the for price, not to the from price. How can I add the delivery costs to the for price?

Jörgen

This is not a bug, it is legacy feature that I do not recommend anyone to use any more.

Of course You can have products on sale please check out the documentation.
https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/products-menu/taxes-and-calculation-rules.html

You just have to do it the right way.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.