News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How Can I Hide The Main Products Listing On The Main Shop Page?

Started by trevorellis, July 10, 2019, 10:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevorellis

Hello, we would like to hide the main products display on the main Virtuemart shop page but keep the section that displays the Latest Products. I now know how to do page specific css code but I am unsure how to hide the main product listing (the part that reads 'Products' above) without also hiding the Latest Products listings. Also, will this affect the functionality of the product search bar on the main page? I am using the VP Merchant template. I did previously contact the template support but they informed me that I needed Virtuemart support.

Page link - www.cloudsclothing.co.uk/index.php

I have attached an image with the Latest Products section that we want to keep circled in green and the main products section that we want to hide circled in red. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

jenkinhill

I don't know how that store is configured, but normally the Joomla main menu item for the home page "Shop" in your case will be set to VirtueMart ยป Category Layout

If this is so then open that menu item for editing. On the Virtuemart category view tab set "Show products of the selected category" to NO.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

trevorellis