News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related Products Add to cart BTN Kills website

Started by derek webster, July 08, 2019, 13:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek webster

Hi There - Ive never reported a bug before so apologies is not in the correct format.
I "think" Ive found a bug with 3.4.2 .

under the related product custom field  if I  enable the "With 'Add to Cart' button" my frontend becomes totaly unresponsive and server load goes up massively. Back end seems to be constantly trying to load further content aswell.

I can get add to cart buttons to appear but I have to remove the surrounding logic

IE
//if($customfield->waddtocart){
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('bs4-addtocart',array('product'=>$related, 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart')));
// }

BTW this is the "related.php" within sublayouts

Hope this helps someone

jenkinhill

echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('bs4-addtocart',array('product'=>$related, 'position' => array('ontop', 'addtocart')));

The call for the bs4-addtocart suggests that you have set Layout Bootstrap version to Bootstrap4 in VM Config/Templates/Template and Layouts.   This config should not be used yet, it is still under development for when J4 is introduced.

Set the BS config to None (Use Legacy).

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

derek webster

Thanks for the reply,  - I don't have that functionality turned on in the config BUT I am referencing some of the BS4 sublayouts from my main template. as My custom template Ive build is bootstrap 4.  Eveything Ive done so far is workign very well - its just the add to cart btn that is causing this error. Even if the BS4 add to cart is totally commented out. So I guess the bug must be with the config some how.

as I said I can turn the surrounding logic off around it ad the it works perfectly.

from what I can see its the BS4 stuff within sublayouts just seems to be the same code but with calls to bootstrap4 classes and markup

but I'll take not of your comment about this not ready for production yet tho - as it may be the cause of future problems.

Many thanks

Studio 42

I tried BS4 and cart is not implemented, so it break your shop.
Use default and dont set bootstrap in the config

Milbo

Please use our new core http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1169/com_virtuemart.3.5.0.10097_package_or_extract.zip

There are some fixed regarding related products. imho in special related products of related products.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member