What is the difference between configuring the expiration of coupons

Started by Sadicer, July 04, 2019, 19:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadicer

What is the difference between configuring the expiration of coupons on the page dedicated to the coupons and the expiry date that you can choose in the configuration tab> display?

Jörgen

The date on the coupon page probably overrides the default under the coupon tab. If in doubt make a quick test, does not take you long.

Coupon page 2019-07-04, coupon tab one month.
Should be expired. Try also other combinations

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Sadicer

I will do tests. how are they used? I have a user list and I want to give the coupon as a gift, do I have to create 10 different coupons for each user or the same one for everyone and when a user uses it his single usu is deleted for that user?

Jörgen

The coupon system in core VM is very simple. No user handling. You have to find out for yourself.
If You want a more complex system, use Awocoupon. I use it myself since many years.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Sadicer

Grazie userò quello che tu hai consigliato.

"Thank you I will use what you have recommended."
[Translated by moderator]

Sadicer

I have difficulties, I can't use awoocoupon, every day I receive registrations and I want each of them to have three days to use the code. Now I have to say that the expiration of the code is the same for everyone, so the first subscriber will have three days available but the last one will have only one day. Is there a way to give everyone the same time?

Jörgen

You are suddenly asking for something specific and You are doing it in the wrong place. Please talk to AwoCoupon about this. He may or may not help You with this.

If not the f.ex studio42 or GJC could maybe help You with a paid customization.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x