Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Attention no standard shopper group set

Started by Fossa, July 03, 2019, 13:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossa

VirtueMart Version:   VM-3.4.2
Joomla Version:   joomla 3.9

After testing my installation placing an order whitout register the customer, I got the error message "Attention no standard shopper group set". None of the product added to Virtuemart is no longer shoved after this. Searching forum I found out I shoud have shopper groups -anonymus- with id 2, and -default- as id 1 set to standard.
What to do to fix this?

StefanSTS

There is a default column in the database table #__virtuemart_shoppergroups.
default has a value of 1 in standard installation, guest a 2.

Hope that  helps.
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Fossa

Thank you, Stefan!

These values are correct when seen in VM Control panel. I still see the mentioned error message and none of the products in the shop.

StefanSTS

You cannot see the "default" value in VM control panel. You only see the item id.
You have to check in the database.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Fossa

QuoteYou cannot see the "default" value in VM control panel. You only see the item id.
You have to check in the database.

I checked this in DB.
The value for both -default- and -anonymus- in the column Default is 1.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

StefanSTS

The column default in a vanilla installation has 1 and 2. Maybe that changed at some time.
--
Stefan Schumacher

StefanSTS

I changed my guest group's "default" value to "1" and get your message.

So change that value to "2" and you should be fine.

P.S. If you have error reporting enabled you get a lot of notices too when the value is "1".
--
Stefan Schumacher

Fossa

Thank you both Jenkin and Stefan!

The settings i DB was like seen in fils Shopper groups - and I changed to the result you can see in file Shopper groups final.

Still no change in the website. The error message (Attention no standard shopper group set) is still shown - and none of the products set with shopper groups -anonymus- and -default-.

jjk

If I remember correctly, the anonymous shopper group was replaced by the guest shoppergroup long time ago. In the database table you should have at least a guest shoppergroup and a default shoppergroup. Sorting the virtuemart_shoppergroup_id column just changes the sorting of the table. Try to adjust the 'default' column values to read 1 and 2 instead of your 1 and 1, like in the screenshot below.

If that doesn't help, try Tools > 'Tools & Migration' and click the 'Install or if necessary update tables' button once.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Fossa

Thanks a lot, JJK!

I followed your advice - and my shop is finally working again.
It's probably best to force customers to register, I guess!

StefanSTS

You did not change the values in the column "default" as I wrote above, that is why it still did not work. You can see that clearly in your two screen shots.

The database tool has done that for you now. Maybe that was the better idea anyway if other things were also in the mix.

--
Stefan Schumacher

jjk

Quote from: Fossa on July 04, 2019, 23:33:42 PM
It's probably best to force customers to register, I guess!
In most cases that's not necessary. The only difference between a registered and an unregistered (guest) shopper is that a registration additionally stores a username and password, which allows the shopper to easily access his order history and that frequent customers don't have to type in their full address with every order.

I always suggest to unpublish the Joomla registration module, because it attracts a lot of Spambots and it doesn't store the customer's address.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations