News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Email order-confirm AFTER order (Status PENDING) - Possible?

Started by AhoyIT, July 01, 2019, 14:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhoyIT

Hello,
Is there an option (or plug) to send an "order confirmation" after checkout, altought status is PENDING and not CONFIRMED - i.e. send only order details and not INVOICE?

Jörgen

I think this is possible, check configuration->emails in VM back end. Add status pending in the array for sending email to customer.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AhoyIT

There is no "PENDING" option to be selected in "Default Order Status to send email to shopper" field ... Exactly the problem.

jenkinhill

You can only select to send email on a pending order under "Default Order Status to send email to vendor". This is to let the vendor know that an order has been placed but not yet paid for (in PayPal for example), to give the vendor the option to contact the buyer and ask if they actually do want to buy the product. 
You can select if an invoice is to be created for all the order statuses except pending.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AhoyIT

Such a feature is really needed - When for example you pay via Telephone & still want to get an email w/ your order details.

I've added it via code on order_done.php, but a swith on CONFIG would be nice.

jenkinhill

You can add your own special order status and configure it to suit your requirement.  Page is    /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orderstatus
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AhoyIT

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 01, 2019, 16:56:37 PM
You can add your own special order status and configure it to suit your requirement.  Page is    /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orderstatus

OK - That worked ... Good to know!