News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart Product Search Module SEF URLs [SOLVED]

Started by Cococoder, June 28, 2019, 13:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cococoder

Hi guys,
I have some issues with the Virtuemart Product Search module SEF URL. It includes the /component/virtuemart in the path.

I created an hidden menu for the joomla search results without results, I don't find a way to create an hidden menu for the virtuemart product search module specifically. The virtuemart search that you enable from the configuration works perfectly but I can't prevent home page module to display which is not desirable. The /component/virtuemart part of the URL create an issue when navigating back to the first page, as it becomes  /component/virtuemart/?keyword=somekeyword and it returns an empty page.
Same issue with Beez theme. No issue when SEF is disabled.
I post in bug report as there is a search implemented in virtuemart that works properly (so I guess the module should work properly out of the box too). I suspect something is wrong with the routing.

I tried to modify the code of the search module with the code from \store\components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php it solves the issue when I do a search from a category page, but the issue persists on the home page.

PHP version:    7.2.18
Joomla: Joomla! 3.9.8 Stable
VirtueMart 3.4.2

PRO

do you have a menu item to the vmart frontpage?

and doesnt the search module allow you to set itemid ?

Cococoder

Thanks for the reply.
Menu item for vmart frontpage is set.
The module does allow to set an item id and it is set (don't remember having done that). I will try to remove the id as I have a com_search item in an hidden menu.
I'll post the results of the troubleshooting step soon.

Cococoder

OK solved, if you have a com_search menu item, then the item id field for virtuemart search module shall be left empty. Virtuemart shall be set as the home page too otherwise the pagination issue persists.
Thanks for the pointer.

Studio 42

com_search have nothing to do with the Product Search module
You have to add a menu item > virtuemart > category with no category and manufacturer set.

Cococoder

OK thanks for those precision. My statement was purely empirical. I'll try your solution asap. Thanks taking the time to clarify how this really works