News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customfield as Product Variant?

Started by Hawker, June 25, 2019, 17:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawker

If I was selling prints, and these could be signed or not, does this mean I have to make two child products, one for the signed version of the print and one for the un-signed version of the print?

If I do not have to make separate child products for the print (signed or not), then is adding a signed/unsigned Customfield to the 'Print' product sufficient?
Many thanks an advance for your VM3 advice.
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

PRO

thats up to YOU!

Do you need to keeo stock? etc, then you have to do a child product.

If not, you just need an option

Hawker

Thank you PRO! That's very helpful.  :D
If I don't need to keep stock, then is the String custom field the one to use in this case?
I understand that 'String' offers Parent 'versions', without having to link to Child products. Is this correct? If so, where in the customer invoice/order does the String information show?
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Jumbo!

Take a look at this extension, "VP Advanced Custom Field" - https://www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-advanced-custom-field

Create and maintain stockable multi-variants for your products without maintaining child products. Show product variants with colour, image or just as text. Display them as radio button, checkbox, dropdown list or just as a button. Show help information, set them a required and much more.

Disclaimer: I am the developer of this extension.

Hawker

VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1