News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

404 Error Handling and wrong Routing

Started by kaiserdom, June 24, 2019, 16:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserdom

Hello
I can't make VM 404 error handling work in a proper way (so I use my own solution of Joomla 404 page). It always redirects me to the last visited category (the breadcrumbs are right) but the SEO urls remain the same. Prior to 3.4.2 version I had no problem, but now are all messed up. For example when I use a url that doesn't exist like www.everhome.gr/products/some-product-detail I get a 404 Error message but the category view layout is messed up and the url remains the same. In prior versions the redirection url would be: www.everhome.gr/products?error=404. What should I do to fix that?
VM 3.4.2
JM 3.9.8
PHP 7.1.3

StefanSTS

Hi,

there is a bug in error handling in VM 3.4.2. I have switched it off and use Joomla error handling. That works fine.

You could try the latest developement version on a test server. The problem was handled as far as I know, so testing it, before the next stable version comes out, could help.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

kaiserdom

Thank you, I'm already using Joomla error handling. The latest non stable version doesn't seem to do the trick. The matter is that the VM 404 Error handling seems to use kind of AJAX way to redirect the page, without replacing the non existent url with the redirected one and that confuses my Modules Manager and Category View Layout.

e.g.

www.everhome.gr/products/some-product-detail should point to: www.everhome.gr/products?error

Insted of that, it points to the initial non-existent url:  www.everhome.gr/products/some-product-detail

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member