News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product category ordering

Started by sohopros, June 20, 2019, 21:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sohopros

Hi,

I am trying to add Oder number to product categories but I can't save my changes.  When I am hovering over Save order, I can't click it. See attached screenshot.  How I can save the order?

Please advise,
Sandra

jjk

Before clicking on the 'Save Order' icon in the upper right corner, you have to assign a unique number to each category. 1,2,3,4,5,6,... If you have unpublished categories, I would give them the highest numbers. Do you use an old version of VirtueMart? I don't see a 'Save Order' link in the left menu module, like in your screenshot.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jenkinhill

Looks like you may have a JavaScipt issue - check the browser console. The save ordering button is as shown in my capture. This saves the order of categories in the list to how you want to show them in the front end. Nothing to do with "order number".

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 21, 2019, 11:18:35 AM
Nothing to do with "order number".
I meant the list number (or sort number).  ;)

sohopros

Hi,

You are right, I have Javascript error. See attached screenshot.
Any ideas how I can fix it?

Sandra

sohopros

Any ideas on the fix?

Please advise,
Sandra

jenkinhill

Nope, never seen that before.

Maybe you have Layout Bootstrap version in Configuration/templates set to something - it should be None (Use legacy) for VM3.x
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sohopros

Looks like I found the issue.

It is something with Isis admin template. When I use isis admin template I am getting the issue. When I switch to Hathor I can save the order. Can you reproduce this issue?

jenkinhill

Not for me, works the same in Isis and Hathor. Maybe some backend plugin you have installed?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jjk

Perhaps try a different setting of "Using the VirtueMart jQuery" in VM Configuration > Templates tab.
Another possibility is a file that became corrupted during an update or site transfer. In this case installing fresh versions of Joomla and VirtueMart over the existing one might help.

StefanSTS

The setting "Use external Google jQuery" needs to be disabled. I had this error in a test installation and "solved" it like that.

jQuery UI is loaded after the tooltip script.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

sohopros

Perfect. After I disabled the setting "Use external Google jQuery" it worked. Thanks!

Agaton

Hi,

After update to 3.8.x I am experiencing category ordering issues on all my vm sites.

Currently I use 3.8.4.10335 on Joomla 3.9.20.

The issue is as follows:

1. Ajax drag and drop doesn't save, if I use that it reverts to original order.

2. Ajax drag and drop does not appear when viewing parent categories, it only appears at lowest child level. (is that intended?). So if we have Parent category -> Child category level one -> child category level two..... the ajax ordering option will only appear at "child category level two"

3. Ordering numbers appearing in increments of 5. So if I have 10 child categories they will appear as 5, 10, 15, 20 and so on to 50. This can be very confusing when looking at large category lists. (Is this intended ?)

4. Finally, when using ajax drop and drag all the numbers then change to 1,2,3 etc from 5,10,15. Example, 5 child categories at lowest level show, 5, 10, 15 , 20, 25 .... if i change the order using drag and drop the numbers change to 0,1,2,3,4... This creates another issue, if I change numbers around it won't put them in the order I choose.

The only thing that seems to work are the arrows.

I noticed in the news for 3.8 and covid support it references a fix to moving/ordering of categories. Has something been missed or am I missing an new setting. I have deselected google jquery (deprecated) as suggested above.

What I have already tested/done...

Cleared cache at server level, cleared cache at local level, tested on other websites with no additional plugins, tested on other admin templates, tested on default site templates (just in case).

Am I missing something or is this a bug.

FYI: Product order settings works perfectly. Using ajax drag and drop and displays order numbers 0,1,2,3 etc.

Many Thanks

update ----

Just tested on php 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 and issue remains
Reinstalled vm 3.8.4.10335 files... no change
Forgot to mention, I use default admin and don't use admin plugins

lostmail

Same here. Ordering for category name and save => not saved...cat numbers are mixed and so in frontend categories also.
Currently the only help is to set manual category numbers from new by hand for each one....
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

jenkinhill

Category ordering is updated and fixed for the next version, 3.8.8   - soon to be released
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK