News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No Shop Currency defined!

Started by blackrat999, June 20, 2019, 12:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

It looks like you will need to give someone access to your configurations in order to help resolve this issue.

This is not a Normal issue and will be down to some configuration or setup for this site

I note that there is an option for language choice??  When I go to the admin page ??  This again tells me something is not "normal" with this site.

How was it crated in the first instance?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

blackrat999

This site started as an Akeeba clone of another site - https://www.easyhit.co.uk this one has no such issues at all and has the same language option in the admin, im not sure how to turn that off but it isnt likely to be the issue i have with the error because it works fine on the other site.

AH

Cloning another site to make a new site is where your issue lies.

My suggestion:-

Create a new Joomla test instance from scratch 0 language will be English

Install your template

Install the latest VM

Configure the VM base settings - countries/taxes/shipment/payment methods etc

Copy the exsting product/category/manufacturer/media tables over to the database of this new instance.

DO NOT just copy all the VM tables en-mass

Test

You are unlikely to have your current issue.

Then you can work out what tables to load back to your live instance.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

blackrat999

Why would cloning a site that works great to make a new one cause issues? To me that is the safest way to make sure it is all working and havent had any issues doing this before. I appreciate your suggestion though, not sure my phpadmin skills are up to it to be honest, massive nightmare.....

Jörgen

Consider doing a new clone and pay attention to things that may be site specific. Do as little as possible before testing the payment. It may well be an issue with your new host.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

blackrat999

Unfortunately the site is live now and sales and stock levels make that really hard. All my sites are hosted on the same server so i can rule hosting out.

AH

QuoteWhy would cloning a site that works great to make a new one cause issues? To me that is the safest way to make sure it is all working and havent had any issues doing this before. I appreciate your suggestion though, not sure my phpadmin skills are up to it to be honest, massive nightmare.....

I do not know why or what. It may not have anything to do with cloning.  However  I know that my method will help identify and possibly resolve issues.

By making a completely new test installation - you take settings back under your control and go back to a "clean" install.

Porting over a few VM product category manufacturer tables is easily achieved - simple export - import using Heidisql

I am NOT suggesting doing this test on a live site!

Maybe someone here knows of a better way to identify or resolve this particular issue.  In the time it takes to wait for a better suggestion - you could get a new test site created and tested.

I am sorry this may not meet a "quick fix" just hit this button solution - but clearly all other suggestions below have failed and you started this thread on June 20th

By now you may have had it all working perfectly - language/payment etc.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

blackrat999

I really appreciate your efforts for me thank you. My worry with this suggestion is purely my level of skills with phpadmin, im not sure im up to the task, i will have to keep experimenting.
thanks again