News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Menu disapearing

Started by skoepje, June 23, 2019, 21:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoepje

Hi all,
I hope I am posting in the right section. I am using Joomla version, 3.9.8. with VirtueMart 3.4.2.

My website is almost finished but I can't solve one annoying problem and I hope you can help:
https://www.sweetlittlemeadow.com/

My website has two languages, Dutch and English. When I place an item in my cart and go to the cart the menu stays. But when I do this on the Dutch site, my menu disapears if i go to the cart (mostly the second time) and the thing I see is it has this url:  /nl/component/virtuemart/cart?Itemid=0 where i think somehing goes wrong with itemid=0. The reason why is because when I hit the go to cart button for the first time there actualy is an itemid and a menu...

I used google but cant find an answer (but maybe I am looking in the wrong direction....)

Hope anyone can help me out so I can get this shop live!

Jörgen

You have to have a duplicated menu structure for the dutch language. There are some good joomla guides at joomla.org.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

kishoreonwork

Also create a menu for virtuemart cart page in both languages.  Hopefully it will resolve Itemid issue , Else you have to edit your template override.

It looks dutch main menu module  is not assigned to all pages , Edit main menu module and assign it to all pages on dutch.

Thanks
Kishore

I am available for paid joomla and virtuemart consulting.
http://www.kishoreweblabs.com/
skype kishore2607

skoepje

Thank you for the replies. I wish it was that simple. As far as I can tell (and i digged deep) All menus are assigned to dutch where I need it. I'm not sure where i can assign a menu specific to the cart as it is not technically a menu item and therefore not in the menu.

I even rebuild the complete menu structure to make sure I didn't miss anything but still this problem occures.

Jörgen

When You got to the cart, what Do You mean ? To the checkout ? This can be assigned to a menu item.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

skoepje

I mean when I go to the checkout in dutch, selecting the module of the cart (called mini cart).

With the things said above I made a workaround. I added an extra menu item in my shop to go to the checkout and I left the module where it is. So there are multiple places to go to the checkout now. Not sure why but it works. My menu isn't disapearing any more and perhaps it's a win win with multiple places to go to the checkout.

Thank you all for the help! It is realy apprecieated!