News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

High resource usage issue with Virtuemart 3.4.2

Started by sagaranvekar, June 19, 2019, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagaranvekar

Hi,

I wanted to update my website from Joomla 3.8.11 & Virtuemart 3.2.14 to latest Joomla 3.9.7 & Virtuemart 3.4.2 (download link on Vm website provides this version).
I downloaded backup on local & started updating website. Update worked fine. But I started facing very slow login issue when I tried to login to Joomla admin. So, to test it, I created a test copy & i uploaded it on my host (Siteground) in a sub-folder to test with different php versions. But, it was even worse. Website started loading very slow on frontend too with PHP 7.1 & 7.2 too. It was that slow, it reached high resource usage on server & website was turned down by host due to high resource usage. I found this in php error log:

[18-Jun-2019 10:21:50 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/src/Log/LogEntry.php on line 116
[18-Jun-2019 11:09:06 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php on line 357
[18-Jun-2019 13:45:38 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/src/Log/DelegatingPsrLogger.php on line 110
[18-Jun-2019 13:52:00 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 65

There are multiple entries for LogEntry.php.
It was definately not memory issue as it is the copy of live website. So, to find out more on this, i started working on local copy.
I disabled all 3rd party extensions from Extensions ->  Manage ->  Manage & then admin started smooth. Then I started enabling extensions one by one & tested admin login. Then finally, found that, when I enable "VirtueMart - Administrator - Component", it starts admin login delay.

Then i tested it on my test copy on host & yes! its Virtuemart component causing high resource usage on my server. When I disable virtuemart component, website works fine.

Please let me know what can be done here.

Studio 42

This is not always Virtuemart, but a plugin or module using virtuemart.
If you can try to unpublish all modules and plugins that can slowdown your shop to find the extension having the issue.

jjk

I would try to clear all tmp folders and then install a current full Joomla and VirtueMart over the existing ones. Imho an incomplete update could be the problem. Also check and clear the cache folders. After the updates click 'Install or if necessary update tables' in the VM tools. And in case you have enabled it, test if disabling VM 404 error handling helps.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations