News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What does the view product page use?

Started by mattyp791, June 12, 2019, 17:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyp791

Hi, newbie here.

VirtueMart 3.4.2
Joomla 3.8.3
template used is one from AS Templates - 002051

I have been using a template to set up a website. When I view the website and click on a product, it takes me to a page with that product, but I would like to know what it is using to build the page, it appears to use the homepage as it has a slider module that I only have selected for home page. I don't wish to see the slider module on the product page, so please could someone help me as to where it must be setting the default to the homepage setup? I'm guessing there is something running that will be choosing that, and I would like to change it

Any help very much appreciated

Regards
Matt

jenkinhill

Sounds like you have not set up a Joomla menu entry to the store.  But no URL so impossible to say more.  Never heard of AS Templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mattyp791

Hi, can't provide a url as all is on localhost at the moment. AS template is just one of these joomla template providers. With regards to the menu entry to the store, I think I should be able to set one up, but I guess my question is, where is the file that would be telling the product page to use the store menu?

jenkinhill

Quote from: mattyp791 on June 12, 2019, 17:47:43 PM
where is the file that would be telling the product page to use the store menu?

There is no file. Which modules/components appear on which page is handled by Joomla menu assignment.   https://docs.joomla.org/Menu
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mattyp791

Hi, thanks for your response. Perhaps this is more of a joomla question I guess. The part i'm struggling with (or at least one of the parts!) is that I have set up menus etc, however in this case lets say I click on the contact form, it show's the contact form in normal layout, if I click home, it show's normal layout which for home includes 2 modules. These modules are only selected to show on homepage, and this seems to be true, and seems fine on contact page (ie, neither of those modules show).
When I click on the product, it takes me to a page with the product in detail and the url is category/product, however the 2 modules (actually maybe they are articles?) that are only visible on homepage are also visible here. In my mind, this means that somewhere maybe something is selecting to use the default layout as from homepage?

mattyp791

Hi, I apologise - I think it was a joomla question, and having taken your advice on menus, (I had not looked at Menu items before, just the menus list), am I right in thinking though that I need to set up a menu item for each product?

Studio 42

Quote from: mattyp791 on June 12, 2019, 23:01:50 PM
Hi, I apologise - I think it was a joomla question, and having taken your advice on menus, (I had not looked at Menu items before, just the menus list), am I right in thinking though that I need to set up a menu item for each product?
If the main page is not Virtuemart then add add menu to virtuemart > category view : root(no category and manufacturer selected) should solve your problem.
products inherit from category
(Before it was more simple, because you had a direct link to root shop, but this is now obsolete now)

If you use Virtuemart   shop as index, then you have to add a menu item link for each main (first level) categories, subcategories inherit from all modules too

mattyp791

brilliant - much appreciated for the help

thanks and regards