Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Vendor Info doesn't save

Started by behemoth, June 11, 2019, 12:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behemoth

VM 3.4.2

Virtuemart > Shop config

I've not checked the other textareas (I'm halfway through a build so I've got to stick to my script...), but if you 'toggle editor' (to turn off WYSIWYG) and paste some content into the Legal Info field and save the page the content doesn't save. If you toggle the editor back to WYSIWYG before saving the changes stick.

jenkinhill

Are you copying from Word (or similar) or copying from a plain text editor?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

behemoth

Either; I tried both. The content pastes into the field ok, it just doesn't save if the WYSIWYG editor is toggled off.
I've also now tried it with the Terms of Service field as well and manually typing the content and it does the same thing.

I've amended the thread title to reflect

behemoth

Ok, I've confirmed it happens on all three fields. Recreation steps as follows:
  • From the back end, browse to VirtueMart > Shop.
  • Choose the 'Vendor' tab.
  • Click the 'Toggle editor' button for any of the three textarea inputs ("Description", "Terms of Service", "Legal Information"). The toolbars will vanish.
  • Type some text and click 'Save & Close'.
  • Go back into VirtueMart > Shop > Vendor tab and note that the field is empty.
    Compare this to the same procedure, but after typing click 'Toggle editor' again. The toolbars and whatnot display again. This time 'Save & Close' and then review and the content is still in the field.

jenkinhill

Took a while to check this. I usually use Codemirror as my editor and JCE for clients. They work OK saving text. But then I tried TinyMCE and can duplicate what you describe. But If there is already some text there entered in one of the other editors or in TinyMCE WYSIWYG then that remains on saving from the text entry window, just new text vanishes - I can see this if I just hit save.

My guess is that this is a TinyMCE issue, not VM. For clients I have always used the Pro version of JCE.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

behemoth

I had no idea what I use actually; just whatever's installed as default. I've just checked and the default editor does appear to be TinyMCE. You learn something new every day.